Friday, March 5, 2010

Optional work day? Well, there's a no-brainer!

Especially when there are challenges requiring my attention! (Or, so I tell myself...)

Verve is having a release party today! They've got some sneak peeks of their Spring releases, and challenges every hour! I played along with the CAS challenge - create a card using flowers, and came up with this:

The background is stamped using CHF backgrounder, Pinwheel, stamped with Adirondack Watermelon. I heat-embossed the flowers (a Verve stamp) on black CS using Tinsel embossing powder. The ribbon is silver grossgrain and Paper Studios pink ric-rac.

Once I get back from taking AJ to Tae-Kwon Do, I'll see what other challenges are waiting!

I also got a couple of cards done with the sketch at Mojo Monday:


This stamp is from Line of Pansies from Mo's Digital Pencil. Two bucks! No shipping! How's that for keeping it on the shoestring? The crazy green lace is something I found on sale at Ellen Hutson.

I tried to do something a little more masculine with the color challenge at SCS:

I'm not so crazy about it, but AJ likes it,

Anyway, time to get out the door! Thanks for stopping by!
Elizabeth

1 comment:

  1. Hi there Elizabeth!
    You are on quite the card roll!
    I like the pansy card, especially. It's pretty.
    And, you may not be sure about that last card, but I think it's nice. Masculine cards are always so hard.

    By the way, thanks for the invitation to stop by your blog!

    Teri
    Paper Crafts Go-to-Gal

    ReplyDelete