Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Warm Winter Wishes

... and we need them! The South is still in a deep-freeze, even if it has finally stopped icing, and I'm on my third snow day this week. Well, two of them are more like ice-days, but you know... I've given up adapting my lesson plans. We'll do what we do when (if) we get there.

Oh, BTW - sorry, Northeast. We sent y'all that little blizzard y'all are dealing with today. Couldn't keep it all to ourselves, now, could we? Wouldn't be sporting.

Anyway, with everything out of the way and we strictly housebound, (Even my little Subaru won't travel on ice.) I've got some crafting time. Yes!

It's actually a thank-you card for my parents. They still take care of me at Christmas. The message is tucked in on the top half of the bottom piece.

It's also for the challenges at:
Card Patterns Use this sketch:
 

...and:

Cute Card Thursday - Use up your stash (Like I could go buy something right now, right?)
Paper Sundaes - Circles
Really Reasonable Ribbon - Something new (OK, well, the digi is.) and ribbon
Pile it On - Cute children

The Recipe:
Ribbon is from my mom's seemingly endless stash that I get to raid each summer. (Thanks again, Mom!)
Glitter CS is from My Mind's Eye, other CS is Bazzill.
Cuttlebug embossing folder, Nesties to cut the circles, Copics to color.

*Shoestring alert!* - Yes, that's a Pure Innocence stamp, but I got it from the artist's Etsy shop as a digi for a measly $2.50! Here's the link to her store: :Etsy store

Have a warm, safe day! Thanks so much for stopping by!
Elizabeth





7 comments:

  1. Very sweet! Thanks for playing with Speedy's Friends!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute card!
    Thanks for Piling It On this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. adorable.........thanks for playing with Speedy's Friends

    ReplyDelete
  4. okay...love it...great easel card...nice take on the sketch..Thanks for joining us at Card Patterns!

    P.S. Love your domo profile pic:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Terrific card! Thanks so much for joining our Really Reasonable Ribbon challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous and sweet image!!
    Thanks for sharing it us at Speedy's Friends.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your card is DARLING! I LOVE PI digi images! SO CUTE!
    Thank You for joining us at PIO this week! Have a GREAT day!

    ReplyDelete