Sunday, November 13, 2011

It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like...

... Thanksgiving! Ha! Take that, Wal-Mart!

But, seriously, it's mid-November, I'd better get it in gear and get some Christmas cards rolling. Yes, I could have done them this summer, especially if I'd kept up with the challenges at CSAYL, but when the dew point is 74 and that Southern summer sunshine is bearing down, I just don't feel it. So now I'm behind.

Mojo Monday has a great sketch this week to get me motivated, and that extra day off hasn't hurt, either. :)
Here's my offering:

It's also for the challenges at:
Papertake Weekly - Christmas
Totally Gorjuss - Christmas Traditions
Mark's Finest Papers - Speedy the Cat Challenge - You favorite technique (Embossing and sanding the emboss.)
Frosted Designs - Use embossing
Mojo Monday - Use this sketch:


The deets:
Coredinations cardstock, embossed with a Cuttlebug folder and sanded. PP is from a stack, DCWV, I think. Images are from this month's sale at Verve (On sale! My favorite words besides 'approved' and 'done'!), as is the die cut label. All images are stamped with Fired Brick Distress Ink and touched up with Tea Dye. Ribbon's from the stash.

Thank you so much for stopping by today! I learn so much from comments and appreciate them. Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Elizabeth

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful Christmas card. I love the poinsettias! Thanks for playing along with us this week at Speedy the Cat's Firends challange!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Elizabeth :-) the sentiment is lovely and the colours and poinsettia's are lovely :-)

    thanks for joining us on the Papertake Weekly Challenge :-)
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful embossing folder. thanks for playing in Speedy's challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful job following the sketch. I like the sanded look too. Thanks for joining Speedy the Cats Friends.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a beautiful card! I love the sage green background, the sanding of the embossing is perfect and stitching it adds great texture. The poinsettias and sentiment are just beautiful Thanks for sharing with us at Frosted Designs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a beautiful card! Thanks for playing Mojo Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card, classic, perfect! Great work with the embossing challenge.
    Eli (Frosted Designs)

    ReplyDelete