Sunday, April 15, 2012

Lucky 37

Well, the older of my two little sisters is pushing 40. I've tried to avoid pondering exactly how messed up that is (Wasn't she just, like, 10? And if she's 37, that makes me... oh, good Heavens!) and to have a little fun with it.
I whipped up this set for her. It was a blast to do!
It's also for the challenges at:
CCEE Stampers - Use three embellishments. (The card has ribbon, pearls, and die cuts.)
Paper Sundaes - Anything Goes
Stamptacular Sunday Challenge - Freebie Week = Anything Goes
MFT Wednesday Stamp Club - Use this sketch:


I got the idea and learned to make the felt fortune cookies - the box has a half-dozen of them in it - from this video by Jody Morrow. Here's a detail shot of them:
I even found a website that listed sentiments to type up for fortunes. :)


... and a better shot of the card.
The recipe:
Stamps: MFT Pure Innocence - Good Fortune
Dies - MFT Die-namics- I used By the Numbers, Mini Monarch Border, and Vintage Flourish.
Papers - Red is Piccadilly from Basic Grey, others are Echo Park - Yours Truly.
Pearls and ribbon from the stash.
Used my Bow Easy for the bow. It is easy, but I can't get the second tail to stay put! Grrr.

Thanks so much for dropping by today! I wish Good Fortune to you, too!

Elizabeth

5 comments:

  1. What a fun gift set!! Fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it - a great idea for a birthday! Thanks for sharing this sweet set with us at the Stamptacular Sunday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous project! love the beautiful papers
    thanks for playing with us at stamptacular sunday this week
    hugs
    céline

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for joining in our 'Anything Goes' challenge at Paper Sundaes. Gorgeous colours that suit the image perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea. Love the colours! Thanks for sharing with us at Paper Sundaes. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete