Thursday, November 26, 2009

Why go shopping, when you could be 'hopping? What's up, FWF?

I hope everyone's Thanksgiving was happy and safe! Now... it's time (at last!) for some fa, la, la, la la! If you, like me, spent this early morning in the mosh pit that is Black Friday, there's no better way to unwind than a little crafting inspiration! If you arrived here from elsewhere, be sure to catch the whole hop through the Unity blog:  our Friends with Flair hop

So, here are my projects for the week. I got three cards done after the big meal! (Well, the fronts...)
 I try to make sure a few of my holiday cards aren't green and red- my brother is red/green colorblind!





I don't know if you can see, but I did an emboss-resist using clear embossing powser and a silver Dabber. The stamps are Ippity's Kissmas and Mistletoe; I embossed the trees with silver tinsel from Ranger. I used a Martha Stewart border punch  - doilies - for the bottom and a bit of lace from The Paper Studio. I used a Spellbinder Nestie to cut the white  CS.

Gosh, I wish I was better at getting the photos of these. Maybe one of you all, whose photographs always turn out so prettily, could do a tutorial?



Here's a quickie. I did the background paper by inking up a Cuttlebug  embossing folder with silver ink. Used another Nestie to cut the white and popped on some making memories brads.

For the Splitcoast sketch challenge:

Still using that Kissmas and Mistletoe! It's such a versatile set!

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Elizabeth

"After all, the best part of a holiday is perhaps not so much to be resting yourself, as to see all the other fellows busy working."


The Wind in the Willows
Ch. 1.

20 comments:

  1. Love your cards! The blue and silver look beautiful! Great job with your new Ippity stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute cards!! hope you found some bargains this morning :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty, love that technique!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful cards! Love all the blue/silver! I'm so much happier enjoying hopping instead of battling crowds of shoppers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great cards! Love your take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  6. very cool cards. love the shimmer and lace on the first one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You cards turned out beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Elizabeth...You cards are simply stunning! LOVE them! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cards are beautiful holiday creations!

    ReplyDelete
  10. all your cards are beautiful! I particularly love the first one in blue and silver!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So sweet and pretty! Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful array of cards! Hope you had a great Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great cards, I love the silver and blue.

    Lisa A

    ReplyDelete
  14. What pretty cards, Elizabeth!! And I love the non-traditional colors as well, how sweet of you to do that for your borther!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. All great cards and lovely colors.

    ReplyDelete