Sunday, June 27, 2010

Warm Colors, Cool Beach

Woo-hoo! For me, summertime is scrapbooking season. Summer vacation allows me two things - time to have a life and time to scrap it. During the school year, we don't do a lot, and what we do, I tend to digi scrap so as not to get hopelessly behind. (I like digi-scrapping! I've picked up some pretty cool stuff at Two Peas and The Sweet Shoppe, among others.)

I was surprised not too long ago when my going-to-middle school son, AJ, asked about the pictures froma particular event and if I would "scrapbook it by hand." I didn't think it made a difference to him. I was wrong.

So, anyway, it's time to get with it again, and a couple of challenges at some of my favorite cardmaking haunts gave me some inspiration:

This is from our spring break trip to the beach,which, if you're in the Carolinas, generally means Myrtle. The bottom picture doesn't show well - it's AJ's footprints, which, sadly, are looking more and more like mine.

The striped paper is from K and Company. CS is Bazzill. The sandy paper is from the scrap pile. The stamp is one from an {Ippity} set (by Unity) and is stamped in Fired Brick Distress Ink. I also used Tea Dye Distress Ink to touch up the sanded blue CS and the sentiment oval. That's canvas quickly tied into three knots along the bottom. Stickers are Jolee's.

This, I hope, counts as a 'project' for:
The Shabby Tea Room - warm colors/stripes
The Play Date Cafe - brown, turquoise, red, orange

I'm so glad that you stopped by! Please come again  soon!
I hope the start to your week is happy!
Elizabeth 

8 comments:

  1. Hey neighbor! We live in Chapel Hill and my BIL lives in Charlotte! We vacation every year in Myrtle Beach tooooo -- can't wait until July to visit again!! Such a wonderful LO -- I {heart} the beach!! Thanks for sharing with us this week in the Tea Room :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet beachy themed page. I think it's so nice that your son wanted some hand-made pages. Think what treasures these will be to him throughout life. Thanks for sharing with us in the Tea Room.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great layout! The beach sounds great after last few days of hot weather we have had here in Chicago!:) Your son is lucky to have you put together such a great keepsake - thanks for joining us at TSTR this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful scrap layout, thanks for playing at the PDCC.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great to see a layout with this week's play date colours :) The theme works really well with this week's colours

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great layout! Love your fun beach photos! Thanks for playing with the Play Date Cafe!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely layout! Perfect for our colours this week! A day by the beach would be fun! Thanks for playing along at the PDCC this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun LO! Makes me want to head to the beach (not today--it is raining!). Also makes me want to create a LO with a beach theme:) TFS! Thanks for joining in the fun at the PDCC!

    ReplyDelete