Saturday, June 25, 2011

Ah, June! (A wedding CAS)

It's that time of the year again! I'm at an odd age. My friends have been married (and some married and unmarried) for quite some time, but our kids aren't at that age just yet. Still, here in the South, where, until the recession really hit, there was a teacher shortage, so we still get to enjoy some of the younger girls' excitement with weddings and new babies. Got to keep some cards in the stash for those!

So, a CAS for such an event:

Yikes. I'm having such trouble with the camera. I can have decent lighting, or I can have focus, but I can't have both.  Right now, it would seem I can't have either. BTW, the ribbon is white, not pink.

It goes with the challenges at:
Charisma Cardz Challenge - White + one other color
CAS-ual Fridays - "Getting Edgy" - Use a border punch
Speedy the Cat's Challenge - at Mark's Finest Papers - Make it Sparkle

The recipe:
Stamps - Studio G (from the dollar bin at Michaels)
Embossing folder - Quickkutz (I think.) Dots are CB.
Edge punch - Martha Stewart
Die cut - Spellbinders Nestie
Ribbon - Really Reasonable Ribbon
Flowers, again from the Michael's bin

Thanks so much for stopping by today, and please come again soon! Enjoy your Saturday! (Maybe yours has a wedding in it! *Sigh*)

Elizabeth

10 comments:

  1. Beautiful!
    Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!
    hugs
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elizabeth--this is so pretty! I love pink & white cards, and you did a fantastic job with this! Thanks for playing along with us at Speedy the Cat's Friends challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Elizabeth! What a gorgeous card! I love the use of embossing folder and gems. And of course, that border punch lace is perfect in this!So glad that you join the fun with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely card and love the added gems.goodluck at Charisma this week.

    hugs Clare x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Elizabeth what a brilliant design. I love the rhinestones at the scoring crossroads. That is amazing. Just beautiful. Thanks so much for joining us at Speedy's Friends Challenge this week. I love coming to visit and see your work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG this is gorgeous - I love your design and the rhinestones!! Thanks for playing with Speedy's Friends!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty and I loooove the bling! Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMGOSH what a super cute card! Love all that dry embossing and bling!!! THanks for playing at 4 Crafty Chicks this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really like this, Elizabeth. The lattice embossing and pink bling look terrific together. Thanks for playing with Speedy's Friends!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the bling and how you coordinated it with the embossing. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete