Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Mom's Seventeenth Birthday

... is this year! OK, I know that sounds weird, since I'm 43, but 2012 is a leap year, and that means that my mom gets an actual birthday! Woo-hoo!
    I'm using my Christmas break to work on my second-semester stash. While I still can't come up with anything for Dad's birthday - next week - this one's under control.


It's also for the challenges at:
Paper Sundaes - Celebrate (Heck, yeah, a birthday every four years?! We're gonna celebrate!)
Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge - Celebration (see above.) :)
Frosted Designs - Use ribbon (I pleated and stitched down some grossgrain.)
Totally Papercrafts - Time to Party
Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge - Use this sketch:


The recipe:
All papers are Echo Park, stamps are from Verve.Scalloped circle die is from MFT. There are sparkly dots of diamond Stickles in between the scallops, but they didn't photograph.

By the way, Mom's not the only Leap Year baby I know. My teammate has a second grader who will have her second birthday in February. :)

Thanks so much for stopping by today! I hope you have a peaceful and happy Holiday!
Hugs,
Elizabeth

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful card - so pretty!
    Thanks for joining us at the Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card! beautiful colours, thanks for joining us at totally papercrafts. Joey x

    ReplyDelete