Tuesday, January 17, 2012

... and a Fail

I really liked the inspiration sample at CASE study challenges:

Isn't this fab? I love the bright colors underneath!

So, I wanted to try a sample with negative die cutting myself. Ran into problems - this is the biggest one.
See the tiny holes? They're the dots that let you line up the dies and stamps (which I'm not using.) I just couldn't come up with anything that would keep the guide dots from cutting. Grrrr.
 Here's my solution:
I covered them with random itty-bitty, glittery hearts. Ups the cute factor a bit, but really screws up the balance, knowwhutimean? My 12-year old thinks it's great, so that makes me happy, but as far as challenges go, this one's a fail.

Still, it was fun to try. :)

Recipe:
Dies - Verve
Papers - Echo Park
Hearts - K & Co.

Thanks for stopping by. Please come again soon. I'll do better, I promise.

XX
elizabeth




No comments:

Post a Comment