Monday, January 16, 2012

Dream Big

*Sigh* my one and only personal (as opposed to school) child turns 13 in about three weeks. While I certainly don't want him to be living here when he's 40, I must say that I'm getting a little weirded out by the fact that he'll only be around full-time a few more years. Have y'all seen the Disney commercial with the families and the teenage kids? One of the lines is "There are only so many mountains left to climb together." Aaaack! Yeah, that's pushing the buttons, Walt. Not cool.

So, here's his birthday card. It's got to be manly enough for him, but still kid-ish enough that I can stand it:


It's also for the challenges at:
The ABC Challenge - H is for Happy Birthday. My birthday wish for him is to continue to dream big. He's set a goal to earn a ROTC scholarship in the hopes of engineering airplanes and is already taking steps toward it. Makes the sky a good theme, even if hot air balloons don't blow stuff up.
Papertake Weekly - Die Cute Special. The big hot air balloon has a die that goes with the stamp. (I had to fussy-cut the little one.) Awesome poofy clouds are also teeny-tiny dies.
Bee Crafty Downloads - Celebratory with balloons. I think I'm celebrating. Okay, he is. Me, not so much.
Finally, this is my attempt for this week's Viva la Verve sketch challenge at Splitcoasters.

The recipe:
Balloon images, big balloon die cut, and cloud dies are Taylored Expressions
Die cut label, frame and sentiment are Verve. Edge die is My Favorite Things.
Papers are Echo Park. All stamping is done in Momento.

Have a wonderful long weekend! Thanks so much for stopping by...
Elizabeth


2 comments:

  1. Fabulous card Elizabeth :-) I love this ,,, gorgeous !! :-)

    thanks for joining us on the Papertake Weekly Challenge :-)

    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. wonderful card. Thanks so much for joining in our H for Happy Birthday Challenge at ABC this time
    hugs Julie P

    ReplyDelete