Monday, April 26, 2010

A Template for Tuesday

Today for my Growing In Unity project, I've quickly popped together a set for a baby shower. The little pocketbook is a template and tutorial I found on one of my very fave blogs, Mel Stampz. http://www.melstampz.blogspot.com/
She's got tons of really cute freebie templates and a bunch of technique tutorials. Kind of a one-stop, everything you needed to know, cornucopia of crafty knowledge. She rocks!

These images come from Unity's Little Me set. Used the CB to emboss the paper for both of them. The DP inside the handle is Cosmo Cricket - Girl Friday Collection. The little bellie on the flap is K & Company, the buttons are Oriental Trading. I hand-stitched the sides of the handles with pink  DMC floss and inked the edges of the tiny tag with Tattered Rose Distress Ink.

I'm still having a lot of fun playing with the scoring board. I could never have made this work without it, but this was really easy-peasy!

The white-on-white just didn't photograph very well. It's sooo time for a camera that does a better job on these close-ups. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks so much for stopping by today! Please leave a comment and a link so I can come visit you, too!
Have a wonderful Tuesday!

Elizabeth

4 comments:

  1. Super cute purse with the embossed details! Love that little sweet pea stamp set:) Great job! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable! So pretty and love how you used the Little Me stamps! Great projects!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Know what you mean about the camera- it is the same here for me too! Love the purse - I bet the white looks stunning in real life!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely lovely! Wow, and you hand stitched those handles...great job and patience! *smile* Your embossing plate is awesome...I'm going to have to try and find that one...lovely work on these! P.S. Photographing white is hard to do...let me know if you get any good hints!

    ReplyDelete