Monday, April 5, 2010

White? Before Memorial Day?

Definitely!
I'm lovin' the new challenge blog at The Shabby Tea Room! This week, Debbie (just up the road in Chapel Hill) challenged us to create using white and/or cream and only one other color. The DT's samples were amazing! Using the Sweet Sunday Sketch, and with the challenge at Something Completely Different in mind, I gave it a try:



Recipe:
Image - Rusty Pickle Digital Images
Paper Piercing Pattern - Fred, She Said
Cuttlebug folder
Martha Stewart punch
Making Memories Flowers
Buttons - Oriental Trading
Ribbon to make the tutu - from my scrap pile

I swear, the buttons match the tutu, but they look orange-y, no matter what I do with the PSE.
*Sigh*

SHOESTRING ALERT - The pattern for the paper piercing was a freebie from the Fred, She Said blog!

Thanks so much for these challenges, ladies! They really do push us to try new ideas!

I'm so glad that you stopped by!

Elizabeth

8 comments:

  1. So pretty ... I {heart} that sweet little tu-tu!! Be sure to link this post back to our blog challenge in order to be considered for the weekly prizes. So glad you stopped by to the Tea Room this week and hope to see you again next week for the new challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That tutu is "tu" cute! :) Great interpretation fo the challenge! Thanks for playing along with us at The Shabby Tea Room! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cute is this?? Love your tutu and that doily!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute card! I love the subtle detailing in the background with the punched edging, and that little tutu is just tutu sweet. Thanks for playing along with us at The Shabby Tea Room.

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a lovely card - love the detail.

    Thanks for joining us at SCD this week, hope to see you again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yep I like and I love the name of your blog I really must start using this little motto and stop spending on the web! lovely card I know what you meen about the shabby tea rooms lovely thigns to look at there and now you have added to it

    Love Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute card...love the tutu...and you are right, the challenge is a fun one!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pretty card! I love the paper piercing - I've never tried that but it looks so effective!

    ReplyDelete