Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Well, it's Wednesday!

Usually the scary day of the week, since my kindergarteners have no special classes today, but with the teachers' meeting after school canceled, hey, things are looking up!

For my Growing in Unity post today, I'm sharing a card I made for the SCS Try a New Technique a little while ago.The technique is called brick wall - here's a link to the tutorial. http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/resources/tutorials/brickwall It was a little time-consuming, but I really like how it turned out.

The Unity stamp is "My, What a Beautiful Tree!" I really do love it. It's really versatile, and I use it a lot. The cardstock is  Coredinations, which I sanded with 120 grit paper. CS is Bazzill, the sentiment is something I had lying around cut and embossed with a Nestie. The button's from Oriental Trading. The image is stamped with Staz-On.

Sorry the picture is so shadowy. It's been a little dreary around here lately.

Thank you so much for stopping by today. I really appreciate comments and links!

Have a wonderful Wednesday!
Elizabeth

6 comments:

  1. OH wow--this is a new technique! So cool--gotta bookmark that tutorial! TFS:) Great stuff:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great technique, especially for a "manly" card since Father's Day is around the corner!! Thanks for the great idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the look of your brick wall! Very cool! A very nice card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cute. I just love this technique you used for the brick. I haven't tried this one yet, but I want too. Thanks for all the inspiring MOJO!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love how did the brick - works really well with the image!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH my gosh, I was actually looking at that tututorial the other day...now you've inspired me to try it! I love how your card came out and the sanding looks FABulous with the white c/s showing through...love this!

    ReplyDelete